nl en
030 - 233 60 30

17 oktober 2023

Open Call Suriname-Netherlands 2024: exchange of knowledge and creativity

Suriname and the Netherlands share a history, their language, and culture are closely linked. The Cultural Participation Fund encourages cultural cooperation between the two countries. Through this Open Call, we support projects in which Surinamese and Dutch organisations learn from and with each other. For example, by working together, sharing knowledge, or undertaking an artistic or heritage project together. 

Type of project 

You can apply for a grant for an international cooperation project in the field of cultural education, cultural participation, talent development or intangible heritage. This may be a co-creation project or a cooperation, knowledge sharing or exchange. You may also apply for a combination of the two. Target groups may include children, young people or adults and your project can have a maximum duration of two years. 


If you are a cultural organisation from Suriname or the Kingdom of the Netherlands, you can apply for this grant. For a Surinamese organisation, it must involve a cooperation project with one or more Dutch cultural organisations. A Dutch cultural organisation can apply for a grant for a cooperation project with a Surinamese cultural organisation. 

Use of the grant  

The maximum grant amount is €25,000. This can be spent on travel and accommodation costs, salary costs, material costs, material investments or other implementation costs.

The grant amount may not exceed 90 percent of the total project costs. You have to cover the remaining 10 percent of the project costs from your own resources, or through sponsorship, donations or other subsidies. 

The call opens on 8 January 2024 at 1 p.m. Dutch time (9 a.m. Suriname Time) and closes on 5 July, 4 p.m. Dutch time (11 a.m. Suriname Time). 

Jolijn van Vroonhoven
Jolijn van Vroonhoven Communicatieadviseur